Albertans will have the opportunity to visit the province’s historic sites and museums, free of charge, and participate in special programs, during the last weekend of September in celebration of Alberta Culture Days.
On Friday, September 26 through to Sunday, September 28, admission fees will be waived at the following locations and special events are planned:
- Lougheed House in Calgary
- Frank Slide Interpretive Centre in Crowsnest Pass
- Head-Smashed In Buffalo Jump in Fort MacLeod
- Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller
- Remington Carriage Museum in Cardston
- Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskwin
- Royal Alberta Museum in Edmonton
- Rutherford House in Edmonton
- Oil Sands Discovery Centre in Fort McMurray
In addition to the events at museums and historic sites, the Northern and Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditoriums will host hands-on workshops for students on September 26 (register at Jube Learning).
A free family friendly Block Party is scheduled for Friday September 26 at Olympic Plaza in Calgary from 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. with live music and interactive art workshops.
For additional details on Alberta Culture Days and participating locations, visit Alberta Culture Days.